From the mentioned tools and ways, many marijuana users were always trying to recommend the use of bongs when consuming a marijuana because according to these people, bongs are safer to be used when compared to joints.
Although this may sound a bit contradicting, we all know the fact that smoking using joints will allow you to get all the burning products or compounds which will directly go to your lungs. But with bongs, you can expect that the smoke that you will get is cleaner and lighter because water bongs will filter the marijuana smoke.
And when that happens, the toxins and other harmful and unnecessary chemicals found in the plant will be eliminated. That being said, if you want to experience the advantages of bongs, you should buy it now to reap its awesome benefits.
But before anything else, you should also learn by now that using bongs will require you a little obligation such as by cleaning it regularly. To know the reasons why you should take this responsibility, here are some of the reasons why you should clean your bong:
1. To avoid respiratory problems
If you will not clean your bongs regularly, there’s a big possibility that you will end up smoking the dirtiest marijuana. And when you will try to ignore this thing, expect that a number of health problems will be encountered such as pneumonia, bronchitis, and many other respiratory issues.
So to avoid this, you should always make sure that you will clean your bong before your session to ensure that all the leftover parts will not be smoked.
2. Clean bong will make you high faster
If your bong will be remained clean, expect that your fresh marijuana will give you a quick high effect since everything is new and clean. But when you try to smoke a dirty bong, the psychoactive effects from your THC will not be experienced quickly since you are smoking the residue contents from your previous session.
3. Smoother and better hit
For first-timers, there is a weird hit feeling when using bongs. But once you’ve learned the technique of using it, you can be sure that you will get a smoother and better hit most especially if you will maintain the cleanliness of your bong.
All in all, cleaning a bong is very important to be done by all marijuana users because it will affect your whole marijuana experience. Although it may require you a little time to do such, this is all worth to do because a clean bong will give you a unique experience.
And now that we already know the importance of cleaning your bong, let us now move forward and discuss the different ways of cleaning your bong.
How to Clean a Bong Using an Alcohol
According to experts, cleaning your bong with an alcohol is one of the best ways for you to totally clean everything from your device. So if you want to know how to do this technique, you should prepare the following cleaning items:
- Rock salt or rice
- Isopropyl alcohol (91% or 99%)
- Pipe cleaner
- Wine cork or a fabric
- Rubber band
- Plastic gloves (to avoid drying your skin when using alcohol)
After preparing the needed cleaning materials, we can now proceed with the cleaning process.
- Remove the stem and bowl from your bong then rinse it or soak it to a hot water to remove the resin and other residues from it. Note: If you are always using your bong, it is advisable to soak it first in hot water. If not, just wash it thoroughly with hot water.
- Add the rock salt or rice to your bong. When using salt, just add enough of it to avoid dissolving it quickly since we need the salt and rice to serve as the abrasives.
- After adding the abrasives, you can now add the alcohol and cover any of the holes in your bong using the wine cork or fabric. Note: If you are using fabric or cloth, you have to put some rubber bands on it to seal it tightly.
- When everything is okay, you can now shake the solution inside the bong for about 5 minutes. Make sure to shake it a little harder to get an assurance that every small particle will be totally brushed off from your bong. Note: If the dirt is still visible, you can repeat the process until you achieve your desire.
- Clean the detached parts of the by using a pipe cleaner or twist tie. But before that, you should soak these parts first in alcohol.
Note: After soaking and brushing the dirt, wash the parts again using hot water. Then let it dry to remove the alcohol smell in your bong.
How to Clean a Bong Using Lemon
Yes, you can also clean your bong with a freshly squeezed lemon juice or with a bottle of lemon juice. And according to many, this is more efficient when compared to other ways of cleaning a bong since lemons are high in citric acid which makes it as an ideal one for cleaning any kinds of dirt. With that, here are the steps on how you can clean your bong with a lemon juice.
- Boil a bottled or filtered water.
- Get your lemon. You can either use a freshly squeezed lemon or a lemon juice from a bottle. Add this to your bong and its pieces.
- Pour the boiling water into your lemon solution together with the bong.
- Shake the solution then let it sit for about 5 minutes allowing the lemon acidity to be penetrated by your device.
- If the lemon solution is already cooled, you can now rinse your bong using a warm water.
There you have it! Whatever works best for you, either thru alcohol or lemon juice, you can be 100% sure that these techniques will greatly clean your bong.