Cannabis is getting pricey, and it’s frustrating to always see an empty jar where you store your precious buds every time. How do you stop quickly being depleted with bud? You can save money on cannabis or marijuana without decreasing your cannabis intake. There are some ways to attain this goal, such as vaping instead of smoking cannabis, proper storage of stash, and self-discipline.
In this post, you’ll learn more on how to stop wasting your money on cannabis without compromising your desired effect and dosage. Get the best tips and tricks to conserve cannabis and lengthen its life so that you can stretch until your payday. Let’s get started!
Vaping Cannabis Can Save You Money
Vaping cannabis not only saves you money but also helps you conserve your herbs. There’s a big difference between vaping cannabis and smoking it. Vaporizers have undeniable health benefits, utilized more by medical cannabis consumers. Recreational users also use vaping because it can also save you money.
If you are on a budget, vaporizing is an excellent way to conserve cannabis and extend the amount of time before taking another session. Since vaporizers slow-roast cannabis dry material, a little bit already goes a long way. This fact is contrary to flash-frying when smoking from a blunt, joint, pipe, or bong.
California NORML Study
A vaporizer is the product of digital technology. The vaping technology can help not only medical cannabis patients but also recreational users to get the most of every money spent on expensive cannabis. High-quality cannabis should never be wasted in smoking.
It is best to vape cannabis than smoking it. You can preserve more cannabinoids and still get the same effects when smoking a blunt or joint. It’s crucial to preserve cannabinoids because of the THC and CBD content, which are sought for their therapeutic effects. The study of California NORML produced promising results on the efficiency of vaping.
Here are the findings of a study conducted by California NORML and MAPS:
- A whopping THC level of 46% is delivered into vapor. Tetrahydrochloride or THC is an active ingredient of cannabis, causing the pleasurable psychoactive effects. You don’t want to compromise these cannabinoids when smoking your nugs.
- About 25% of THC in cannabis is delivered via blunts, pipes, or joints.
Cannabis joints lose plenty of THC because of side smoke or smoke going into the air.
2016 PLoS One Research
In the 2016 research edition of PLoS One, it shows that the quality of herbal vaporizers plays a role in how much THC is delivered into the vapor. That’s why one should invest money on a high-quality vaporizer that’s reliable, efficient, and safe to use. It will provide you the most THC level with each puff.
Here are the findings of the 2016 PLoS One research:
- High-quality vaporizers delivered 82.7% of THC. The result is a 50% difference from the lowest quality vaping device.
- Low-quality vaporizers only deliver 40% of the total THC, so it is best to invest in high-quality vapes to save money and conserve on cannabis.
- On the other hand, blunt or joint only delivers 25% of the THC.
Netherlands’ Bedrocan BV Study
The Netherlands’ Bedrocan BV study shows that vaping or vaporization makes better use out of cannabis than other methods. Researchers surveyed 953 participants from 31 countries about their experiences with cannabinoid-based medicines. The research shows that patients who are vaping require a lower dose than cannabis-infused edibles, marijuana tea, and cannabis smoking.
How Much Money You’ll Save with Vaping Cannabis
One of the most significant drawbacks to smoking cannabis is that it wastes more of the THC content through side smoke. On the other hand, vaporization makes cannabis intake more efficient, allowing you to save more money and conserving your cannabis.
Take a look at this example:
- Price of Weed: $50
- Review of the THC retained per cannabis intake method:
Smoking a joint or blunt (25% of the THC)
Vaping (46% – California NORML & MAPS study)
You get the same psychoactive high with less cannabis when vaping. So, how much money will it save you? Check this computation:
Smoking: 0.25 x $50 = $12.50 worth of delivered THC.
Vaping: 0.46 x $50 = $23 worth of delivered THC.
The difference between the cost of vaping and smoking: $23 – $12.50 = $11.50 total savings with vaping.
If you buy cannabis that is worth $50 worth every week, here’s how much you would save in the long term:
$11.50 savings x 4 weeks = $46 in savings monthly.
$46 savings x 12 months= $552 in savings yearly.
Smoking VersusVaping Cannabis
With traditional cannabis smoking, you usually smoke cannabis in a single session to achieve enough satisfactory high. However, it leaves you about 2 to 3 days with nothing to consume to take the edge off, reduce stress, or help relieve pain. You can divide your stash into smaller and equal amounts, but it won’t bring you your desired effect. While you’ll be able to stretch your stash before your payday, it means that you decrease cannabis intake and won’t enjoy the results.
Here are some considerations and good-to-know facts when consuming cannabis:
- When grinding and packing 0.1 grams of marijuana into a portable vaporizer’s heating chamber, you will get about 3 to 4 minutes of vape time. It that way, you could savor and enjoy the flavor of your cannabis flower.
- Packing the same amount of cannabis bud into a glass pipe and taking a lighter to it will make the flowers turn to ash from nug in less than 10 seconds.
- Vaporizing eliminates not only the smoke but also the harmful byproducts of igniting herbs. Vaping prolongs your cannabis intake session up to 25 times.
- As compared to smoking, vaporizers require packing far less material into the eating chamber to attain the desired effects, making it easy to ration your cannabis flower. You can still make your cannabis intake last for three days before your payday.
With a vaporizer, you can make the same 0.2 grams of cannabis last for three days. Vaporizing does not need as much dry material packed to experience the desired effects. It means that you can easily stretch the remaining 0.2 grams and still derive medicinal value from your cannabis.
You’ll surely reap the rewards of investing in a high-quality herb vaporizer for your cannabis. While the price of a quality vaporizer may overwhelm you, you’ll save more money by not wasting your stash. It means that you will save more money in the long run by conserving your cannabis. Most importantly, vaping provides the same effects or even beyond. Vaping is a cleaner and healthier way to consume cannabis as compared to smoking.
Buying Cannabis In Bulk and Distributing It Evenly
It’s really frustrating to find out that your cannabis jar is empty again. Smoking all of your cannabis in a short time is a waste of money. It’s a good thing that there are many ways to make your weed purchases last longer.
Self-discipline is the key so you can make some adjustments to your cannabis consumption habits, and of course, save your wallet. One way is to buy cannabis in bulk. It’s a great way to conserve your weed and make it stretch.
- You can purchase halves (14 grams or half an ounce) which usually come with the biggest price break.
- Break up your nugs into one-gram quantities.
- Store your stash in an S-M-T-W-T-F-S pillbox. In that way, you’ll keep track of the amount of cannabis you should consume and on which days.
Consider Using Glassware
Glassware is your best friend when it comes to saving money and conserving cannabis. If you want to save money, choose a little pipe for only $15. A glass pipe is easier to clean than one-hitters. Of course, you’ll consume less cannabis than smoking a joint or blunt.
The average joint or blunt of weed will cost you at least half a gram. Your roll-ups probably hit for at least 0.75 grams every pop. If you smoke twice or thrice a day, that amount is way too much cannabis wasted daily. So better use glassware to consume marijuana more efficiently.
Consume Cannabis Privately
Sharing is caring. But if you are trying to make your stash last every time, you need to be more strategic. Sharing brings people together, but you don’t have to do it every time. Cannabis is not getting any cheaper. Avoid dealing with people who always pop with empty pockets and empty hands. Better stay at home or consume your cannabis privately to save money.
By doing it privately, you’ll never use less loading your bowl. No more twisting a bunch of joints or blunts or loading multiple bowls because your friends are scavenging your stash. Don’t allow to consume all your weed without contributing a dollar. It’s like not allowing someone to eat all your pizza without sharing the price. Treat your weed with the same respect.
The most important thing to remember is self-discipline. You can effectively manage the amount you consume by taking cannabis on the crucial times of the day to relieve pain or enjoy its pleasurable effects. Don’t allow anyone to dictate you how you should be consuming your cannabis, most especially if they are convincing you to give it away.
Store You Cannabis Properly to Save Money
Temperature changes, humidity, air, and light can degrade your weed. Don’t just leave your nugs in an everyday plastic bag on a table. It’s not enough to store cannabis for an extended period. Proper storage of weed will save you money because it prevents your stash from drying up and growing mold. Moldy weed is harmful or unsafe to smoke. On the other hand, dry weed would have lost your weed’s potency and flavor.
You might consider a freezer or fridge will keep your buds fresher like what they do with food. But the problem lies in fluctuating temperatures and humidity of refrigerators, which is not ideal for preserving the good quality of your precious cannabis buds. Freezing is not recommended because cold temperatures can separate trichomes from the buds.
Remember that trichomes contain terpenes and cannabinoids which are responsible for the desirable effects, flavor, and aroma. Make sure to keep your weed in cold areas and even in hot places like near a radiator or oven. Doing so will cause your weed to dry too quickly.
Here are the recommended methods to store your weed:
- Airtight Glass Containers: While there are cheap plastic airtight containers, plastic tend to make buds sweat moisture out. It is best to get a glass mason jar. It is your best friend because it’s cost-effective long-term weed storage. Buy one with a completely sealed top to protect your weed from air exposure. Once your cannabis buds are placed into a glass jar, keep it away from heat or light. Blacked-out UV airtight glass jars are also available to protect your buds from light or UV exposure.
- Humidity Packs: These are used for longer-term cannabis storage. Your buds stay even for months. Introducing a humidity pack to an airtight storage container can preserve your buds for a longer period of time. Humidity packs come in different humidity levels. A dried-out material needs a higher relative humidity so it will come back to life. To preserve the good quality of your bud and prevent mold. A fresh cured cannabis requires 58 percent relative humidity pack.
Now you’re more confident to buy, store, and consume cannabis without spending too much money. By vaping cannabis, you get the most THC content and conserve every gram of herb you have. Also, properly storing cannabis can help you prolong the life of your stash and avoid mold formation and drying. Finally, don’t just give away your stash even to your pot friends to save money. Sharing is great but not all the time, most especially for a pricey weed.