Cannabis indica grows wider and shorter than cannabis sativa plants and are better grown indoors. They have calming and relaxing medicinal effects, providing stone and couch-locked physical highs as well as moderate to severe pain-killing properties.
Cannabis indica strains can make users sedated and sleepy, so they are the best option for night time use. They are used therapeutically as a stress relief, anti-anxiety, treatment for insomnia, and pain management. It is very calming, dreamy, and acts as a sedative. Your stress and pain can be eased by its psychoactive flowers that deliver euphoric high. It provides a pain relief that is described as narcotic-like which is intoxicating.
Top 6 Cannabis Indica Strains
1. Granddaddy Purple – It is a cross between the Big Bud and Purple Urkle with a THC concentration level between 17% to 23%. The buds are lush and fat because of the quality contributed by Big Buds, and the nugs are filled with purple hues. The scent and aroma are straight dank, sweet, and super fruity. It provides euphoria and sleepy high.
2. Northern Lights – This is a pure cannabis indica bud. It is one of the most popular strains of all time having a THC level of 18%. The scent and aroma are earthy and pungent sweet bringing a euphoric and dreamy high. It is recommended for counteracting the signs and symptoms of anxiety, muscle tension, stress, and pain.
3. Aurora Indica – This cannabis indica strain has a high level of THC between 15% and 20%. It is a result of crossbreeding Afghan and Northern Lights. The bud is best for medicinal treatment for people needing more CBD content. It has flavorful buds and notes of pine, spice, and earthy pungent.
4. Blue Mystic – This cannabis indica strain has a THC concentration level of 18% which is called as “Fruity-delicious” due to its fruity and sweet flavor and aroma. It is consisting of 80% cannabis indica (Northern Lights) and 20% Sativa (Blueberry).
5. Pineapple Kush – This cannabis indica-dominant strain (90%) is sweet and earthy with a woody touch. It provides a THC level of 20%, providing a major body buzz. It is a two-time winner of High Times Cannabis, so you can never go wrong with Pineapple Kush.
6. White Cookies – This is a cannabis indica-dominant hybrid (60%) that provides a high yield. It provides a powerful body high for relieving pain and causing cerebral high. It is a crossbreed of Girl Scout Cookies and White Widow, having a THC concentration of 19.25% and CBD level of 75%. With this genetic composition, it is one of the best choices as medical cannabis worldwide.
Top 10 Strongest Cannabis Indica Strains
1. Ice Wreck – This cannabis indica is a potent hybrid weighing a high THC level of 27.7% and rocking with a full body stone. Parent strains include Nirvana and Trainwreck which are crossed making the banging body buzz. This cannabis strain makes you lazy for the entire day, producing 450 grams of yield per plant.
2. Purple Kush – This is a 90%+ cannabis indica strain which is a result of crossbreeding Pakistani Kush and Critical Mass with THC levels averaging about 25% and a medicinal CBD of 2.1%. it is piney and earthy with citrus sense, providing a heavy couch-locked full-body sensation.
3. Strawberry Banana – It is a very potent cannabis indica hybrid that produces euphoria and drowsiness, that’s why it is more of an evening marijuana strain. It is a result of crossbreeding Bubble Gum and Banana Kush, which is loaded with THC (22% to 26%). it encourages deep relaxation and happy high feeling.
4. Death Star – It is a result of crossbreeding Sour Diesel and Sensi Star which is a powerful sedative, featuring a THC level between 20% and 26%. It will eliminate worries and stress, giving the user a high euphoria. The indica percentage is 80% that can make a person relaxed, drowsy, and slightly unmotivated after several usages of this psychoactive cannabis.
5. G-13 – According to stories, G-13 is a cannabis escapee that came from a breeding laboratory experiment that was funded by the United States government. This cannabis indica strain is a real five-star hybrid featuring 20% to 24% THC concentration level. It has intense euphoric high that also encourages full body relaxation.
6. Kosher Kush – This is a cannabis indica strain that came from California. It has pine and lemon scent and flavor containing a THC level between 20% and 25%. It is considered a drowsy cannabis indica bud that users will surely enjoy. It is recommended for evening use, ideal when watching a movie.
7. MK Ultra – This cannabis indica strain was named after the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) mind-control program of the United States. It promotes euphoria and a dreamy state. It is one of the most powerful cannabis indica strains having a THC level between 18% and 23%.
8. Critical Kush – This was crossbred by Barneys Farm, a result of crossbreeding OG Kush and Critical Mass. It boasts its high THC concentration between 20% and 25%. It has tranquilizing effects that soothe stress and anxiety. It has dense and large buds filled with resin that releases intoxicating lemon-pine smell and taste.
9. God’s Gift – It contains 22% THC level, fast-acting, and causes upbeat and happiness. It can also leave a user couch-locked due to its sedative properties.
10. Sunset Sherbet – This is an indica-dominant hybrid, an heir of Girl Scout Cookies with a pungent aroma. It provides joyful and uplifting high. It is recommended for those having chronic pain as well as mood disorders.
Indeed, cannabis indica offers a lot of benefits not only for recreational users but also for medical patients. The different strains of cannabis indica help patients suffering from pain, stress, and anxiety. Cannabis indica also produces sedation, relaxation, euphoria, and uplifted mood. There are many strains of cannabis indica available today that growers and users can use depending on the needs and preference as well as the desired effects.