Without a doubt, cannabis is making waves in recent years not only for its psychoactive effects but also for its medical uses. This is quite promising as more and more people are relying on the help of Marijuana. THC, one of the two most active compounds found in cannabis aside from CBD, is the primary culprit to inducing smokers with a euphoric high. Plus, there are ways on how to get THC in your body, one is through smoking, and the other is through THC oil.
Consuming THC Oil among users is well on its way to becoming one of the many methods in consuming marijuana while still enjoying its psychoactive effect. Unlike CBD oils, THC oil still offers those abilities even though it is extracted from the plant. In this article, we’ll discuss what are the primary uses and benefits of using THC oil. Read down below!
What is THC Oil?
THC oil is made by extracting the THC compound found in Marijuana. As I’ve mentioned earlier, THC is the primary reason for producing a “high” feeling to its users, as well as other health benefits. THC oil is highly regulated in the United States and is banned in almost 50 states. It is because THC oil contains high concentrations of THC, making it a dangerous product that is highly exploitable.
THC oils can be used either medically or recreationally and can be also applied topically. Since it has high levels of THC, it can only be used legally in states wherein it passed medical and recreational laws.
What does THC do in our body?
Both THC and CBD are naturally occurring compounds found in Marijuana plants. For THC, it binds itself to our endocannabinoid system that regulates bodily functions and to achieve homeostasis. This groundbreaking discovery led to a more widespread study about Marijuana. Also, thanks to its medicinal uses it paved the way for the use of marijuana to be legalized in most states in the United States and other parts of the world.
Our endocannabinoids regulate our bodily functions, these bodily functions include:
- Motor functions
- Pain perception
- Immune system
As seen above, endocannabinoid plays an important role in our body and should not be taken for granted too. It regulates several vital bodily functions to keep our body in tiptop shape. Cannabinoids regardless of whether if its THC, CBD, Terpenes, and other known cannabinoids should never be underestimated nor overlooked.
How does it work? THC works by binding themselves to the brain’s naturally producing endocannabinoid molecules, this in turn will interact with these brain receptors and other receptors throughout the body. After that, the THC then acts through the body’s native ECS or endocannabinoid system, once it attaches to the body’s receptors it activates immediately thus getting you high from the smoke. Once you get high from the smoke, this is the idea of how these cannabinoids work, you could instantly feel the effects.
However, other cannabinoids such as CBD reacts with the body’s receptors differently. It is because CBD is a non-psychoactive compound, you won’t get high from it.
THC Oil Benefits
As we’ve mentioned above, regardless of whether you consume cannabis through smoking or THC oil, they offer one thing and this is to provide various health benefits. However, please do note that THC oil has higher concentrations of THC compared to traditional smoking.
- Helps with Anxiety and Stress – using marijuana to relieve stress and anxiety is one of the most common reasons why users smoke marijuana. It tends to relax the troubled mind of the users and sets it free from all the stress and depression. Regardless if you smoke or use THC oil, they are both good at keeping your worries away.
- Appetite and Obesity – cannabinoids found in Marijuana especially THC helps to stimulate appetite by binding itself to receptors who are responsible for hunger. Also, certain hormones for hunger suppression can be stimulated by these cannabinoids.
- Asthma – taking THC oil for asthma might be the next big thing as THC has great anti-inflammatory properties as well as analgesic properties. Perfect abilities to battle symptoms of asthma.
- Pain relief – one of the most well-documented uses of THC is providing instant pain relief. As was said earlier, THC has analgesic properties that easily calms the body and lets you feel a bit more relaxed and loose. Most patients who consume THC oil are after for its pain-relief duties.
- Anti-cancer properties – one huge benefit of THC is killing or shrinking cancer cells without harming the body’s good cells. There is a significant breakthrough that THC can cure cancer, and this leaves us something to look forward to in the future. There’s plenty of room for optimism for THC to be a cancer-killing agent.
- Skin protection – THC Oils used topically is a good way to protect your skin and regulate the production of lipids keeping your skin protected. It can also help fight chronic skin conditions such as acne and psoriasis.
- Eye health – it has been documented that THC can help alleviate eye-pressure caused by glaucoma. It is one of the most unpleasant sensation felt by patients who have glaucoma, and using THC greatly minimizes these symptoms.
- Good for Nausea – THC in marijuana contains powerful cannabinoids that help you deal with queasiness around your stomach that let’s feel you like you are going to vomit. This is particularly effective for cancer patients who are nauseous due to their conditions.
- Anti-spasmodic – not only does THC relieve pain but it also has anti-spasmodic properties which can significantly help people with stomach/intestine/or urinary bladder problems. It can also be a good medication for people having digestive issues.
Is it legal to buy THC oil in the U.S.?
As mentioned above, there are only a few states who legalized the use of THC oil because these contain high levels of THC. It is 2 or 3 times more potent than traditional marijuana smoking. So, before buying THC oil, you should ask your budtender if its legal to consume THC oil in your area to avoid being criminalized.
Marijuana is a wonder plant most of us enjoy for its psychoactive effects and medicinal uses. THC oil is another way of consuming marijuana. Although it is quite potent, be sure to handle it seriously, as you don’t want to deal with over intoxication due to marijuana overdose.
Lastly, the legalization and decriminalization of marijuana in most countries and states should give us plenty of hope in the future to use this product without the fear of being caught. This humble plant is truly the savior of our world thanks to its cannabinoids. Always remember to smoke in moderation!