Pot brownies or the ‘special brownie’ is a very nice baked good to try. Having it homemade is a very good choice because besides having the chance to let it taste better, you are also in charge fully of the amount of bud that you want in your brownies.
This recipe that I will teach you is a full 1/8 ounce amount of cannabis. The whole process will still work if you want to use less. This has all the instructions for the canna butter recipe and the ideal amount of bud that can be used in your brownies. You can store the excess in your fridge using a marked container that is cleared up. In order to make sure to draw out the full potential of cannabis in edibles, it should first be decarboxylated.
Decarboxylation is a technique or method of saying that the bud has to be heated in order to fully activate its psychoactive form. You will not get high on a joint unless it is lit on fire.
A good tip to consider is that if you are not a fan of classic flavors and the scents of the weed, you can use mint leaves that are finely minced to the batter. This will allow to offset potency of the flavor of the cannabis.
Take note that this recipe can make 16 potent special brownies. It is delicious, but it is still not recommended that you eat more in a single consumption. However, if you use this recipe with regular butter and not canna butter, then you can eat more of it.
Pot Brownies Ingredients
Recipe came from Rebecca Firkser
It can make: 16 servings
For the brownies:
4 ounces of unsweetened chocolate
3/4 cup of cannabutter
1 3/4 cups of coconut sugar
1/2 teaspoon of Kosher salt
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
3 eggs preferably large
1 3/4 cup of all-purpose flour
2/3 cup of chopped walnuts (this is optional)
3 mint leaves that are minced (this is optional)
How to Make Canna Butter
This can make: 3/4 cup of canna butter
1/8 ounce of cannabis trim that is finely ground
3/4 cup of unsalted butter (1 1/2 sticks)
If all the ingredients are ready, proceed with the below procedures:
Here’s how to make the canna butter for your brownies:
1. Preheat your oven for up to 240 degrees. Spread the cannabis evenly on your baking sheet. Bake it for around 50 minutes. If you are using lesser cannabis, check your oven every after 35-40 minutes. Remove everything from the oven and set it aside.
2. Melt the butter in medium saucepan, over a low heat. Add the decarboxylated cannabis, and this must be oven-baked. Lower the heat to a simmer. Cook it for around 45 minutes, and remove it from the heat.
3. Strain the canna butter using a sieve that is fine-mesh or cheesecloth into small glasses of measuring bowl or cup. Discard the cannabis solids that are strained, or you can save it for a cannabis tea.
Pot Brownies Instructions
1. Preheat the oven to about 350 degrees. Grease a glass baking pan, which can come in a 9×13 inch. You can also use a cooking spray with this.
2. Place the chocolate in large mixing bowl or cup and melt it in the microwave. You can also use a saucepan of boiled water with it.
3. Add the canna butter to the melted chocolate. Mix it until it is combined. Mix everything in salt, coconut sugar, and vanilla.
4. Add the eggs one at a time. Mix everything until it is fully incorporated.
5. Mix the flour, walnuts, and the mint
6. Pour the batter into a baking pan that is prepared. Bake it for around 25=30 minutes. Let it cool slightly, and then cut it into 16 pieces. Store the leftovers, and be sure to mark it clearly as “special” if there are other people using your kitchen. Placed it in the refrigerator for around a week, or in your freezer if you want to store it for months.
What are the effects of the pot brownies?
The dosage for Colorado-mandate for these commercial edibles is 10 mg of THC per serving. The effects of eating special brownies are somewhat similar to smoking joint. However, there are still few differences. Most people report that it can take them for about 90 minutes to feel the effect of an edible. That is much longer period than smoking a joint. Smoking a weed can get you high for about 5 minutes, but when you eat it, it can take about 30 minutes to 1 hour before you feel anything. The effects also last longer if you eat it compared to smoking it. Although an edible can have a longer lasting feeling of highness, it is much mellow than toking. It can give 6 hours of good sleep after consuming 3-4 cookies. You can try to eat three brownies if you want something to get you to sleep. Combining it with CBD RSO for pain control is also an ideal choice. These edibles can aid in controlling difficult pain, such as chronic pains.