Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) or Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) is more common than you may think. There are different varieties of marijuana strains to stay productive and focused to help with ADHD.
Understanding ADHD in Adults
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, formerly known as ADD, is not just a medical condition experienced by children. It also happens in adults. It is often unrecognized in childhood, so adults who are diagnosed with ADHD already have a history, but the signs and symptoms became apparent when they reached the adulthood stage.
Signs and Symptoms of Adult ADHD
For adults, ADHD looks different than the signs and symptoms of children, and they are unique for each patient. The most common signs and symptoms of ADHD in adults include:
- Problems concentrating. Adults with ADHD cannot steadily focus on performing daily tasks. They quickly bounce from one task to another.
- Problems staying focused. They cannot complete a task or concentrate on tasks needing a high level of focus.
- Easily disturbed or distracted. They are easily distracted by noise and irrelevant sights that others just normally ignore.
- Zoning out. It happens even the patient is in the middle of a conversation.
- Inability to complete tasks. Even simple tasks seem very difficult for adults with ADHD.
- Listening skills are poor. Having a difficulty remembering directions and following instructions.
- Forgetfulness and disorganization. The adult with ADHD may exhibit out of control and chaotic behavior with poor organizational skills, always procrastinating tasks, problems in starting and completing projects, always late, not meeting deadlines, and tendency to misplace items.
- Impulsive. It is exhibited by frequently interrupting others or talking over, low self-control, inappropriate or rude bursting of thoughts without thinking, acting spontaneously, inappropriate behaviors in social gatherings and events, and recklessly without thinking of possible consequences.
- Emotional difficulties. Adults with ADHD exhibit hypersensitivity to criticisms, irritable, high-tempered, explosive, and low self-confidence and self-esteem.
- Restlessness or hyperactivity.
Best Marijuana Strains for Engagement and Mental Energy
- Cinex. This is a very good cannabis strain that you can use if your cup of coffee was not effective in keeping you alert and energized. It provides a wired euphoria that is feeding creativity. It rekindles interest in different tasks. Just be careful having higher dosage if it is your first-time because it can exacerbate anxiety as well as racing thoughts.
- Sour Diesel. It is a high-rate cannabis strain that is recommended for people with ADD and ADHD. It has the ability to shine a new and engaging light tasks and activities. It causes fast euphoria letting the mind stay consistently nimble. Proper dosing is important because over- dosage can cause opposite desired effects.
- Green Crack. It is a Sativa-dominant strain with intense stimulation for great focus, sharpening the senses and provides vibrancy to its citrus flavor.
- True OG. Sometimes, a person needs something that slows down the brain instead of speeding up the brain. This can be achieved by using True OG, an indicator-dominant stain used to knock out distractions and stress to enable proper focus.
- Blue Headband. This cannabis strain captures the excellent synergistic effects of its parents, the Blueberry and the Headband. The cerebral high sparks creativity and intensifies euphoria. It provides a full-body and mellow experience, allowing the thoughts to run in a manageable manner.
Best Marijuana Strains to Clear Cognition
- Harle-Tsu. It is a cannabis strain which is a result of crossbreeding harlequin and Sour Tsunami. It is a high-CBD strain containing minima amount of THC. It provides clear-headed calmness and sobriety, giving relaxing effects without impact psychoactive effects. Keep your cognitive abilities and faculties intact with harle-Tsu. If you are having trouble looking for this strain near you, try looking for its high-CBD parent cannabis strains or close relative, such as Canna-Tsu.
- Harlequin. It calms the senses, providing cerebral focus, with high CBD concentration. It expresses a CBD to THC ratio of 5:2.
Best Cannabis Strains for ADD and ADHD
There are cannabis strains that can be taken to reduce the side effects of medications used in treating ADD and ADHD.
- Goo Cannabis Strain. This is a result of crossbreeding Hindu Kush and Blueberry, providing the best-desired effects such as focus, sleepiness, and increased appetite. If you want to wind down, and you are having difficulty getting prescribed with a psycho-stimulant medication, then this strain is best for you.
- Jupiter OG. It helps is restoring appetite and promoting restfulness whenever the side effects if your drugs get worse. This cannabis indica provides a kick of concentration. It is perfect to take at night time to help the brain shut down and have a restful sleep.
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder is a common health concern that can significantly affect the life of adults possessing this medical condition. It affects not only the personal lives of patients but also their families. It greatly affects the social life and career of adult patients. It is a good thing that medical cannabis is now available to help reduce the signs and symptoms of this health condition and help people cope/manage it.